As part of the Media Elective, you’ll join the Creative Theme. The Creative Theme in July joins the Music, Arts, Media and Barista electives in one DTS lecture phase. Each DTS will have a coordinator gathering students around that elective. This may come in forms such as small group activities, excursions, events, or guest speakers.
While you’ll have specific times for your DTS elective, this will not occur every week. It is important to see electives as a point of gathering similar individuals without taking priority over the core purpose of the DTS. Additionally, we cannot guarantee that each DTS elective will have a major representation on the outreach phase. Our hope is to look for how we can incorporate the elective on outreach but factors outside our control such as culture, event coordination, and ministry contact preferences may affect what is possible.
An elective is defined by:
- Gathering similar individuals.
- A leader with an affinity or passion for that elective (but not required).
- Low level, structured inclusion during lecture phase.
- Outreach inclusion of the elective where culturally possible and appropriate.
Example Media sessions include:
- Work alongside our skilled Communications & Media Team.
- Using media tools to share the gospel in a fresh and relevant way.
- Exercise God-given creativity to establish an effective media voice.