Just got off a flight at Sydney International Airport? Ever wondered how to get yourself up the coast to YWAM Newcastle? In this video we show you how to catch the train as one of the cheapest travel options.
1. Turn right out of customs and walk past McDonalds to the train station inside the airport. There will be signs as well.
2. Purchase a Single Ticket to “Waratah” train station. This is the station in Newcastle closest to YWAM Newcastle.
3. Board the next train to “Central Station”. (approx. 10 minute ride)
4. At “Central Station” find the screens with the train schedule for the “Newcastle & Central Coast Line”.
5. Board the next train to Newcastle. (approx. 3-3.5 hours ride)
6. Exit the train at “Hamilton Station”.
7. Cross over to the opposite train platform and board next train labeled to “Maitland”. “Waratah” train station is only one stop away.
8. Exit train and walk to YWAM Newcastle. (apprx. 2-5 minutes.)
*For DTS students arriving on our ‘arrivals day’ there will be a welcoming committee at the Waratah train station to greet you!